We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities
- 2019 Sneak Peek
January 30 – Denver, CO: Ramsey Kropf, speaker, “Development of Water Laws: Quantity, Quality and Usage,” Colorado Water Laws and Regulations Seminar, HalfMoon Education
- November 28 & 29 – Reno, NV: Stuart Somach, speaker, “Litigation Update on Texas v. New Mexico and Colorado; Sarah Klahn, panelist, “Water Rights Curtailment,” CLE International’s Nevada Water Law Conference
- November 27 – San Diego, CA: Kelley Taber, panelist, “Perspectives on California WaterFix,” 2018 ACWA Legal Affairs Committee CLE Fall Workshop; California WaterFix affects water users across the state by proposing to construct tunnels to convey water from the Sacramento River to south of the Delta. Panelists in support of the project and those challenging it will offer perspectives on WaterFix and the many regulatory and administrative procedures involved along the way. Kelley’s contribution focuses on the water users’ perspective.
- November 27 & 28 – Sacramento, CA: Tess Dunham, panelist, “Water Quality: What’s Coming Next, and How to Prepare for the Challenges and Opportunities,” California Dairy Sustainability Summit; Tess Dunham joins other legal, regulatory, and technical expert panelists to discuss what California dairies can expect with the changes in water quality regulations coming next year, as well as potential strategies to help navigate the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. The firm is pleased to be a “Dairy Industry Supporter” Sponsor.
- October 23 – Washington, DC: Alyson Ackerman, representing the Environmental Law Network at the Environmental Law Institute’s Annual Award Dinner
- October 15 – Riverside, CA: Tess Dunham, “Legal Update” panelist, California Stormwater Quality Association’s 14th Annual Conference – Connecting the Drops from Summit to Sea; this session will cover the recent wave of third-party citizen lawsuits against industrial dischargers and MS4s, including case updates, defense strategies, and best practices.
- October 11 – Denver, CO: Sarah Klahn, panelist, “Perspectives of Attorneys on Groundwater Issues in Divisions 1, 2 and 3,” presented by the Colorado Bar Association CLE, 2018 Groundwater 201 Update, a technical and engineering program series.
In Case You Missed It
- Somach was recognized in the 2019 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey. The firm received: Sacramento Metropolitan Tier 1 rankings in Natural Resources Law and Water Law; Sacramento Metropolitan Tier 2 ranking in Energy Law; and Colorado Metropolitan Tier 3 ranking in Water Law. (results released 11/1/18)
- On July 1st we welcomed Sarah Klahn as our newest shareholder in Colorado.
- The August edition of The Water Report featured Rich Dietchman’s in-depth coverage of “Klamath Adjudication: First Five Years of the Judicial Phase.”
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published October 4, 2018; Updated November 21, 2018