We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities
- July 18 – 20, Monterey, CA: Ramsey Kropf, Chair – Water Section, 65th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute. Attendees will hear from experts across a range of water topics including SGMA, the Public Trust Doctrine, Surface and Groundwater Rights Administration, Federal Reserved Water Rights, and Interstate Water Litigation.
- September 18 – 20 – Sacramento, CA: Join Somach attorneys and members of the Groundwater Resources Associaton of California for the second annual Western Groundwater Congress.
- September 18 – 20 – Boston, MA: Mike Vergara and Alyson Ackerman are pleased to represent the firm in Beantown at the Environmental Law Network’s Annual Meeting. Chambers Global, The World’s Leading Business Lawyers (2019 Edition) recently recognized the Environmental Law Network as a Band One Environmental Legal Network. ELN was the only environmental law network to be globally recognized in Chambers. SSD is the sole northern California firm in the network.
In Case You Missed It
- Our Colorado office has moved to a new home, please update your records: 2033 11th Street, Suite 5, Boulder, CO 80302
- The Daily Journal’s May 1, 2019, edition included a perspective piece authored by managing shareholder Tess Dunham titled “Balancing farming and water quality in the Central Valley.” In the article, she describes the history and current state of the region’s problem with nitrate in drinking water and how a consortium of stakeholders are addressing short and long-term solutions.
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published July 3, 2019