We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities
- May 7 – Monterey, CA: Kelley Taber, moderator “Opportunities and Obstacles in Wastewater Recycling,” ACWA Legal Briefing & CLE Workshop (PDF preliminary agenda). The panel will feature Christoph Dobson, Director of Policy and Planning for the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District, speaking about its wastewater recycling project, as well as a water district employee from Southern California and staff from the State Water Resources Control Board and California Department of Fish and Wildlife. This pre-conference workshop offers continuing legal education for water professionals and updates water leaders on the hottest industry trends. Programming has been developed with water agency directors and staff in mind, as well as agency legal staff and firms.
- May 8 – Monterey, CA: Tess Dunham, panelist, “Salt and Nitrate Control and Sustainable Groundwater Management: Challenges and Opportunities,” ACWA Spring Conference. California’s water regulatory landscape contains a myriad of programs, policies, requirements, and mandates, some of which involve the same or similar information, stakeholders, and objectives. In California’s Central Valley, farmers, cities, and water agencies are facing pending deadlines under the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) and the Central Valley Salinity Alternatives for Long-Term Sustainability (CV-SALTS), both of which will regulate the use and quality of water. If local entities do not collaborate locally to achieve the policy outcomes, the State of California may soon assert itself as the regulatory enforcer. Sponsored jointly by ACWA’s Agriculture and Water Quality committees, this program will explore these and other regulatory requirements, the challenges involved in achieving the mandated policy goals, and lessons for the rest of California.
In Case You Missed It
- Our Boulder, Colorado office is moving to new space – check back for details.
- Client Spotlight: Somach Prevails for Landowners in Colorado Supreme Court Decision Confirming Necessary Elements of an Enforceable Water Right
- Shareholder Sarah Klahn was listed in Best Lawyers Business Edition, Women in the Law 2019, published April 4th.
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published April 9, 2019