We invite you to catch up with Somach attorneys and clients through this snapshot of our press releases, alerts, events and media coverage.
Events & Activities
- January 12 – Sacramento, CA: We are pleased to host the January board meeting for California Women Lawyers. Shareholder Theresa Barfield serves as District 2 Governor.
- January 23 – 25, Reno, NV: Paul Simmons, speaker, “Deja vu: Fear and Uncertainty in the Klamath Basin,” 2019 Mid-Pacific Region Water Users’ Conference.
- January 30 – Denver, CO: Ramsey Kropf, speaker, “Development of Water Laws: Quantity, Quality and Usage, “Colorado Water Laws and Regulations Seminar, HalfMoon Education
- February 2 – San Francisco, CA: Tess Dunham, panelist, “Groundwater Contamination: Are We Stuck With It?”, 15th Annual California Water Law Symposium. This panel will discuss the cause, effects, and remediation of elevated nitrate concentrations of groundwater in Central Valley, California. Sponsoring firm.
- March 26 – 27, Denver, CO: Sarah Klahn, panelist, “East, West, Colorado, and the Colorado River,” ABA – 37th Water Law Conference. This discussion will cover the foundations of water law, with insights for both new and experienced practitioners. From the basics to informative updates on topics with potentially broad applicability in the era of increasing water demand and less reliable water supplies, the Panelists will consider the law governing the Colorado River and features of Colorado’s unique form of prior appropriation that provides a valuable model on several issues facing all prior appropriation states and states struggling with groundwater and stream water interactions.
In Case You Missed It
- We are pleased to announce that Brittany Johnson and Jared Mueller have been promoted to shareholder status within our firm, effective January 1.
- Sarah Klahn has been recognized as one of Denver’s Top Lawyers 2019 by 5280 Magazine. The annual listing of the best attorneys in the region was published in the January 2019 issue. Results are obtained through on a peer survey conducted in the seven-county Denver metro area and editorial interviews.
- Somach was recognized in the 2019 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey. The firm received: Sacramento Metropolitan Tier 1 rankings in Natural Resources Law and Water Law; Sacramento Metropolitan Tier 2 ranking in Energy Law; and Colorado Metropolitan Tier 3 ranking in Water Law. (results released 11/1/18)
- SSD publishes Policy Alerts on case decisions, legal trends and key developments within the fields of water, natural resources, environmental, public land, public agency, toxics and hazardous waste, and land development law.
Published January 2, 2019; updated January 8, 2019